Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Blogger is All Screwed Up!!

I don't even know where to begin. 

Today Blogger has gone from the old to new version, and I'm missing some of my feed in My Reading List (All Blogs). Oh, God. The whole thing's just a mess and I've got to somehow sort this mess out. Then, I made the mistake of trying to view in Google Reader ... which had (urk!) over 1000 unread items......

I cannot keep up. 

What's even weirder is that some blogs I follow (in GFC) only showed content from several months ago, in my Reading List. Even though, when I clicked ON the blog(s), far newer content was there. So why the missing content? 

Granted, some blogs I could only follow, or opted to, in Google Reader as opposed to GFC. I get all that, but I'm really not sure how to bring it all into one easy-to-manage list. I guess I could import over to Google Reader, but I really prefer reading from my blog page. 

With all the blog hops, I know I've added far more blogs than I can reasonably be expected to follow. Try as I might. But it isn't any fun when you're trying to peruse hundreds of blogs/feeds on a daily basis, so as not to miss anything/anybody. 

And - like so many others reporting the same issue - I can't get the stupid *Manage Your Blogs* thingie to work. Maybe it's just me, but I've got to trim things down. Because this isn't fun anymore, it's more like work. 

Work I'm not getting paid to do.

Which, is one of my biggest gripes with this tremendous focus on the ever-increasing social network. I can't even keep up with FB, or Pinterest. I know it works for some people, and they certainly work hard at it - but if the largest portion of my *free* time is spent playing catch up - what's the point?

I'm just a little gal trying to have fun and enjoy my blog book buddy friendships. 

So, I plan to go over my list of follows, and trim things down to those blogs I especially enjoy. No doubt, anybody reading this is one of those friends I cherish and will most certainly (try) to keep up with. Because YOU GUYS are what matters the most. To me!

Plus, a close friend has asked my help in a fairly large task. I'll be placed in admin. and sorting through thousands of pictures, tagging and writing content and so forth. I don't know how fast I'll power through this job, but speed isn't the issue - quality & accurate content is. Therefore, I'll have even less time, for a while, to read and blog on the Internet. 

Anyway, if you don't hear much from me for a wee while, don't think the slugs or wasps have eaten me. I'm not that easy to digest. And, God willing, I can find the time for some Halloween fun, because there's a zombie project I'm really dying (heh heh) to start work on. I'll just have to play it by ear. 

In the meantime, I really love you guys ... and wish I knew what the hell I was doing with Blogger. 


7 comments:

  1. It sucks that Blogger decided to go all crazy on you. :( Have fun in your other project and I hope to hear about your zombie project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using the new blogger for a while, and I still can't get used to it! I lost some feeds when people moved their stuff to wordpress or got a new domain name. You might try removing those blogs and then resubscribing to them. It has worked for me in the past. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!! I spent hours last nite (this morning lol) trying to remove old blogs that have stopped posting content, so I've trimmed the sails a wee bit. Jen, the re-subscribing is a good idea! Speaking of *subscribing* - hah! - I went in and DELETED every single item in Google Reader (it was too huge of a mess to sort thru) ... and now I have NO subscriptions! What HAS I DONE?!
    Time to ... err ... start over, it seems ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that Blogger is causing problems! I have been trying to adjust to the new Blogger, but I haven't had time to sort it all out yet. I am lucky I am figuring out how to post! I hope to have time in the next week to play around and get my head on straight. Sorry to hear you deleted all of your subscriptions- I guess you cleaned a little more than you were expecting. ;)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if that's related to the Feedburner thing... I just lost my subscriber list. Gone. Blogger-Google-Whoever! Needs to leave our STUFF alone!!! Grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you've been having Blogger problems. There's always something or other going on with blogger, I'm just expecting my big fallout with Blogger after seeing SO MANY blogs move to Wordpress.


    By the way, I really wish you'd put an email subscription to your blog! Otherwise, I forget to stop by and that is a REAL BIG PROBLEM. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ana - how do I do that? (No, really ... I'm that *blogger-challanged*) lol

    ReplyDelete